Saturday, November 8, 2008

Interview with Maya



Where are you now? What is it like?

I'm in Bahia Santa Maria. There are blue crabs in a lagoon, sting rays, and purple pink guck.

What's guck?

Guck is guck. The guck I'm talking about is spongy. I'm going to write a story about it.

What have you been doing at Santa Maria?

I've been eating, sleeping, and boogy boarding, surfing, fishing with Kai, and spending Sand Dollars.

How do you spend Sand Dollars?

To spend Sand Dollars, I see a dollar and tell Kai to go get it. Then I lose Kai's attention. I find the Sand Dollars at the beach. They're not hard to find on shell beach.

Tell me about some of the other shells you've been collecting?

There's a pretty one I found yesterday. It's white and very strong and how you would imagine a nice shell to look like.

What do you do for fun on the boat?

I swing on the bimini. I climb the jib. Why is the bimini called the bimini? (Tim answers that its named after Bimini Island near the Bahamas where there's lots of sun.)

How do you like surfing?

I like it. I can stand up.

What are you going to do with all these shells?

Keep a collection and I have a notebook with all their names.

What books have you read since you started your voyage on Kamaya?

I'm reading the Warrior series: Fire and Ice, Forest of Secrets, Rising Storm, and I'm reading the fifth book, A Dangerous Path. I also read Inkspell and Inkdeath and The Mysterious Benedict Society. I'm also reading A Wind in the Door and I'm reading Brisingr with Mom.

What's been your favorite book?

I don't really have a favorite book. They're all different. Ones about a cat, another about going inside human beings and another about good dragon riders and bad dragon riders.

Are you writing a lot?

Yes.

What are you writing about?

I'm writing a book, but I haven't really figured out what's it called or what it's about. I do know a few characters.

Do you miss school?

No, not really. I miss the people, but not the stuff.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Maya, I'm glad you're collecting seashells. They're so pretty. I still have a bowlful of seashells I collected when we were sailing years ago. One that I'm looking at right now is labeled "Tim - Antigua" which means your daddy found it for me close to that island.
You'll soon be nine years old. Wow!! Love, Memaw

Looking Back

It took me more than seven years to turn our blog into a hard covered bound book. At first, I was leery of wrapping up our adventure because...