Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kiting with Dad



My dad is really good at kiteboarding and I've been watching him whizzing through the water all over the place. We talked about kiting together for a long time. I’ve always wanted to try it.

Finally, I got the opportunity. It was in Tonga, at Big Mama's beach. Tim surfed in and jumped off his board.




I climbed on his back.








And then we zoomed through the water.



We experimented with me being in front of him and on the board, but the line connecting to the kite squeezed me. Then, we tried kiting with me standing on the back of the board, and that worked perfectly. What fun!

Here are some photos of Dad flying fast on the kite. He can jump super high.





And he likes to show off.



I can't wait to go again.

Photos of Tim jumping courtesy of Tom from Emily Grace

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Wow! What a sight! You and your dad look like circus actobats, Maya. Pretty soon I'll bet you'll be ready to help your dad take off and you'll go flying with him. Or maybe you'll get your own board and kite and race with him.
MMM

Looking Back

It took me more than seven years to turn our blog into a hard covered bound book. At first, I was leery of wrapping up our adventure because...