Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cinnamon Flop


What the heck do you think a Cinnamon Flop is?

Well, it's not a belly flop into the Pacific Ocean and it's not a total mess up on a bike. Cinnamon Flop is a really good dessert that looks like a cake with cinnamon, brown sugar, and flour on top.

For my Dad's birthday I wanted to make cinnamon buns but we did not have that recipe and we were also out of eggs so I made Cinnamon Flop instead.

Here's the special recipe:

1c sugar
2c flour
2t baking powder
1T melted butter
1c milk
(topping flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon)
push in butter chunks.

When you mix the ingredients, make sure to tell a story. First you mix the sugar, flour and baking powder, then add the butter and then the milk. Put this in a baking pan and then get ready to put the topping on top. You sprinkle the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon on top and then push in chunks of butter. Bake at 350 degrees.

Every time I make Cinnamon Flop, it tastes and looks different, but it's always good.

You should make it!

P.S. If I look a little bruised in this photo - I am. I had a little flop on my new bike but I'm doing much better.

No comments:

Looking Back

It took me more than seven years to turn our blog into a hard covered bound book. At first, I was leery of wrapping up our adventure because...