Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Perspective on 2010



This year, 2010, had some good things and bad things. Let's start with the bad things that happened to me.

Here's the worst thing that happened. In Panama while we were on the boat getting ready to sail across the Pacific, I shot Maya with a rubber band then she got really mad. She kicked me and my head hit a piece of wood. I felt the back of my head and there was lots of blood. Maya cracked open my scull! I got 5 stitches!!!!!!!

Another bad thing happened to me. In New Zealand, I was biking and I went sideways on a curb and fell. My face, my hand, and my knee was bloody! I didn't get stitches this time, but a lot of road rash.

And now the good things.

Memaw, my grandmother, gave me the game, Settlers of Catan, for my birthday. It's a really fun game! Plus, I had one of the best birthday parties ever in Fakarava, the Tuomotos. We played games and had a sand castle contest.



Another good thing. My great Aunt Tilly came to Tahiti on the 17th of July and brought us climbing harnesses. You see we learned how to halyard swing from Pickles, another kid boat, and now we have are own harnesses! With the harness, I can swing on the side of the boat and sometimes up high.




Books have also been good things. We just went to the Auckland City Library to pick up a book called, The Sword of Mercy. It's the fourth book in the series by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. It's really good, you should read it!

Here's another good book. We've been waiting months for The Emperor of Nihon-ja to come out. It finally did! It's the 10th book in the Ranger's Apprentice Series and you should read that too!

On Christmas morning, Maya and I woke up super early and then we woke up our parents to open our presents and look under the tree I made out of legos. I was happy because Santa came.



I got some cards that give you a few things and we each got a watch. Finally we opened our last present which was a stuffed sheep! His name is Shawn. I also got a cool black bicycle!

And, lastly, we fixed the freezer and now we have ice cream on the boat!

It's been a great year, but now it's time to stop writing and start eating ice cream!

3 comments:

Sara Johnson said...

Happy New Year to all the Kamaya crew! Our friends on Lea Scotia told us about you last year and since then we have really enjoyed reading about your trip across the Pacific. May 2011 be full of more fantastic adventures for you all!

Ruth said...

Thanks Sara for following us. Happy New Years to you. Are you on a boat?

Scurvy said...

Cool lego tree Kai, were there any cheese balls or coconuts on it or under it?

Looking Back

It took me more than seven years to turn our blog into a hard covered bound book. At first, I was leery of wrapping up our adventure because...