Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Interview with Kai



Kai, you’ve been going to Freeman's Bay School for the past three months in New Zealand. How many kids are in your class?

I think 25.

Who are your teachers?

Anne and Jenny. Anne is a from New Zealand and Jenny is from Korea.

How do you get to school everyday?

I bike every day. It's less than 10 minutes away and I have a really cool black Fuji bike.

What’s do you like the most about school?

Probably guitar lessons. I’m learning to play the song, Get Back by Paul McCartney and John Lennon. I also like swimming when it was warm here and playing handball at lunch time.


It’s morning, here in Auckland and Kai is having breakfast before we go to school.

What are you eating?

I’m eating a crepe with ice cream.

Ice cream! How decadent. Your grandmother Oma would love to be here and share that crepe. Why do you get to eat ice cream?

Because we have shore power and get to turn on our freezer.

What’s your favorite thing to do in Auckland?

Getting books from the library.

What are you reading right now?

The Emperor of Nihoja by John Flanagan

What else have you been reading?

Lots of Asterix books. My favorite one is Asterix the Gladiator. It’s really funny.

I understand you’re learning about the stock market. What’s been your best stock pick?

BIDU, it’s the Chinese Google. I’ve made about $8000 on UP DOWN, a stock market game where I got to start with $1 million dollars.

Thanks Kai, it's time for school

Parting Shot - fun halyard swinging with Maya



Photos courtesy of Evi Nemeth, svWonderland

1 comment:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I want ice cream for breakfast.
Tell Kai I am teaching myself to knit! I had him as an inspiration - he told me he knit (knitted?) two hats when he was five or some incredibly young age. So far I have finished one scarf, so I am not far behind him!

Looking Back

It took me more than seven years to turn our blog into a hard covered bound book. At first, I was leery of wrapping up our adventure because...